[W]e are now accepting applications for the managing editor role. The position begins on Monday, February 24, 2014 to April 2014. Please note that this is a volunteer position.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Assist with planning the Spring 2014 print issue
- Assist the editor in chief with responding to and sending emails on a daily basis
- Copy edit all weekly online content before publishing date
- Attend weekly editorial meetings
- Assist editor in chief with social media management
- The successful applicant must be in their third or fourth year of undergraduate studies at Ryerson
- The successful applicant does not have to be a journalism student, however, it is an asset
- Relevant copy editing experience is an asset
- They must be organized, honest, and most importantly a team player
- Social media, marketing and advertising experience is an asset, but not a requirement
- They must be familiar with Folio’s content and be enthusiastic of student work at Ryerson University
How to apply
- Please email us at ryersonfolio @gmail.com with your resume and cover letter indicating your interest in the role.
- Please indicate in your cover letter why you are the best person for this role.
- Pitch at least two stories that you feel would be great for Folio (online and/or print).
The deadline to apply is Friday, February 14, 2014. We will get back to you over reading week.
We look forward to hearing from you! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.